Introduction to Missions
Bib. Foundations & Cont. Strategies
Chapter 1: Theological Foundations of Missions
- When was the "social gospel" movement strong? What did it
deemphasize and stress? On what theology was it based?
- What does Van Rheenen characterize as the main thought of
- What are the five elements of the analogy of the river that
Van Rheenen gives and what do each symbolize?
- In what is mission rooted?
- What Old Testament illustration does Van Rheenen give to show
that the mission is God's?
- What are five applications of the "Mission of God" that can be
- How does Van Rheenen define "mission"? How does he define
- What did Christ proclaim as His message? How did the message
change after His death and resurrection?
- In what three ways does the book of Acts show the Holy Spirit
working in the mission of God?
- What two themes of the church in relation to God does Van
Last Updated September 9, 2008
Page maintained by .
Copyright © 2002 Ralph Bruce Terry. All rights reserved.